Re: [VHFcontesting] Calculating distances from grid squares

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Calculating distances from grid squares
From: "Barry Hansen" <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 20:50:45 -0700
The file from the 'no.nonsense.ee' website that is particularly useful
for maidenhead math is:

http://no.nonsense.ee/qthmap/index.js

This javascript file has a number of utility functions, among other
things, for grid conversions and distance calculations. I found it a good
example of doing the necessary low-level math. This helped me write
functions in PHP for server-side processing and display rover locations
in Washington state and the Pacific Northwest, e.g.
http://www.k7bwh.com/cn87.htm

Hope this helps,

Barry Hansen K7BWH
PNWVHFS <http://www.pnwvhfs.org/>  Webmaster