Re: [VHFcontesting] Signals on 6M and 2M at the same time??

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Signals on 6M and 2M at the same time??
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 08:02:17 -0600
..the entire idea about rules changes in 2016 was to allow assistance.
They ALSO pushed the change to allow single ops to become multi-ops by
allowing signals on 2 bands at once !  This was part of the rules change
and the contest branch made a big deal out of the proposal.  It was obvious
enough to me that I complained about it, saying the LAST thing the east
coast needed was every big single op CQing on 6 & 2 at the same time.  The
2M band was already crowded out there.  But, the rule was passed -
EVERYBODY could transmit on 2 bands at once.  And, some of us did in 2016
and 2017 (and probably 2018).

Now you're saying that the quietly rescinded this rule, without any
announcement, and it's NOT OK to transmit on 2 bands at once ?  After
making a big deal about the change ?  It was in BOLD LETTERS ! !

Yes, I think they DO need to clear this up !  I'm sure there is someone
from the contest branch on this reflector, even though us VHFers are kinda
low priority to them <wink> <j/k>

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner