Re: [VHFcontesting] [amsat-bb] [VHF] 5 Band VUCC Award

To: Mike Diehl <diehl.mike.a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [amsat-bb] [VHF] 5 Band VUCC Award
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:13:43 -0500
Mike,

I’m not a programmer, so I can’t speak to the technical details. I do know that
the demands on the LoTW staff are considerable—including routine maintenance,
programming changes to support additional awards, server maintenance, etc.

There are also administrative requirements for new awards that include
printing, mailing, record keeping, etc. With a limited staff, these
considerations are also a factor.

That said, I fully support a VHF/UHF Century Club “Rover” Award from the AARL.
Anything that incentivizes and rewards rovers is a great idea. All of us
benefit from rovers, and they make contests more exciting too.

With any organization (or proposal) there will always be things that we might
like to change—but you can’t change an organization from the outside. Only by
being a member, and being active can you affect change.

Wish I had your programming skills. I have trouble keeping my own log straight!
:-)

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63nf
AMSAT #38965, ARRL Life Member, CVHS Life Member, SVHF Member