Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital and VHF contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital and VHF contests
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 11:01:42 -0400
I must agree FT8 and MSK144 are great for
making distant contacts especially. My main
frustration with the way it's affected contests
is even though it made the contact for you,
you can't use it to communicate, whether it's
to ask the other guy to QSY to 222 or 1296,
or just to say hi and thanks old buddy. Forget
about the chat page - it's severely overloaded
during the contests now and more than half
the people I want to work are not on it or
not paying attention to it anyway. I made
several attempts to enter QSY messages,
and every one was ignored. Big problem,
and it's really hurting my 222 and up score.
-73 Ron WZ1V