Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital ... contesting

Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital ... contesting
From: Jonesy W3DHJ via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 07:17:56 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, Doug Gilliam wrote:

>Well put Lew!
>
>Those of us who put a lot of expense, time, and skill into our
>stations, and who appreciate a hard fought cw contact, get frustrated
>with being thoroughly beaten by an operator sitting in his easy chair
>with a laptop and a good 6 meter opening.

What rubbed my Rover fur backwards a few weeks ago was this comment
posted after a contest weekend:

        "The big advantage of that mode for me is that I
         can sit in the bedroom watching TV with an iPad in
         my lap and work people via a remote desktop app."

Jonesy W3DHJ
--
  Marvin L Jones     | W3DHJ      | W3DHJ  | https://W3DHJ.net/
   Pueblo, Colorado  |  @         | Jonesy |     __ linux FreeBSD