Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital ... contesting

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital ... contesting
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:47:38 -0700
While I share your views about the undesirability of working digital modes in a
contest while watching TV, a number of hams I have tried to pull into VHF and
up operating / contesting have told me they don't have the patience to mostly
listen to static for hours on end.   (Even participating in a net for an hour
where one mostly hears static seems to try the patience of a number of other
operators I know.)  I can see why using digital modes while doing something non
amateur radio related may appeal to some.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com