[WriteLog] RTTY Sprint K6LL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY Sprint K6LL
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:13:10 +0000
I used Writelog in the recent rtty Sprint and ran into
a few problems.

1. RTTY Sprint is not one of the contests supported by the
program, so I used regular Sprint, since the only difference in
the rules is the work-em-again-after-3-qso rule. I figured to
score the "dupes" later.

2. If I left the cursor in the callsign field, and attempted to
send an exchange to a "dupe," the program would send only the
other station's callsign, then hang up and diddle. I didn't
figure out in time during the contest that it would work if I
tabbed over to put the cursor in the next field. During the
contest, the only thing I could think of to do was to enter the
keyboard mode and send the exchange manually!

3. The program would not fill in the name and qth of previously
worked stations.

4. I could not find a way to send a cq on radio 2, while I was
copying the exchange on radio 1. This is the normal so2r
method used for the sprints. You call cq on radio 2 if you are
the one who has to vacate the frequency under the qsy rule. If
nobody comes back to the cq, you call cq again, while S&P'ing
on the other radio. I guess if I had two networked computers
I could have done it.

After about 45 minutes of this, I packed it in.

It would be nice if the program supported the RTTY Sprint. If
anyone has ideas on how to work the so2r issue, or anything else related
to the above, please let me know. Thanks.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com