[WriteLog] RTTY Sprint K6LL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY Sprint K6LL
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:51:25 -0600
Dave Hachadorian, K6LL wrote:
> I also have another question. How do you enter a few practice qso's
> into the log to make sure everything is working ok, and then erase those
> qso's to start at 001 again without deleting the entire contest
> setup? What file(s) do I need to delete, or what do I have to do?
> Thanks.

The best way to enter practice QSO's before the start of the contest is
to go ahead and enter them, then close the program when you are finished.
It will ask you if you want to save changes.  Say "no" and the contacts will
not be saved.  However, if you made other changes like with the buffer keys,
they won't be saved either.  So it's best to get everything set up like you
want it, then save the file.  Then you can add practice QSO's, exit and say
"no" to saving changes and everything will be saved except the QSO's.

I can't comment on what's happening with your SO2R setup using just one
computer - I've never tried it.  I run SO2R with completely separate radios,
computers, TNC's, etc.  Each station is completely separate from the other.
There are two main reason I do it this way.

1.  If you have a failure of any kind on either of the two stations, especially
and computer problem, you are not dead in the water.  You still have an
active station working.

2.  If you do have a computer failure, you have the full log on the 2nd computer
if the two are networked as they should be.

73, Don AA5AU
p.s. If anyone's interested, I've started putting pictures of the different
plaques
I've won thoughout the years on my website.  Go the Contest Summary page
from either the Ham Radio page or RTTY page.  Or go directly to the summary
page at:  http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/contestsummary.html  It's best viewed
with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Home Page http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/