[WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:32:57 -0000
It is my opinion--contrary to that of many subscribers to the writelog
reflector--that AFSK works just as well as FSK. It does have the
extra problem that you have to get the levels set correctly to the
transmitter intput.

The "tail" can be controlled using two INI file entries:

[RTTYRITE]
PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=0
PTT_END_HOLD=0

They default to 250 msec and 333 msec, respectively.

Wayne