[WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:00:23 -0800
Dave Hachadorian wrote:

> the TS-850's two 500 Hz filters in LSB mode. I use the pink
> noise amplitude in the Writelog RTTY Reciver window

Pink noise amplitude?  I searched WL help file for pink and then just
noise and found no reference to this.  I know what pink noise is but
would someone care to explain how this applies to WL RTTY receiver?

What would be really nice is if someone would explain the meaning and
purpose of a couple of items.  I know what the thin yellow vertical
lines are both with and without AFC but what about

1.      the different coloured waveforms?

2.      those two mysterious boxes in the black rectangles which change
height width and colour for no apparent reason?

TIA for your help

Jim SMith       VE7FO