[WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"
From: W. Wright" <w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:15:51 -0600
Its easy to test for this condition if you have two radios. Just put the
transmit
one into a dummy load and tune to it with the other.

If you find a letter chopped off, its probably better to add a space
character to
the beginning of the transmit buffers than to fine tune the PTT_BEGIN_HOLD.
I believe any non-zero setting is going to result in about 100msec of RTTY
space tone before the first character, and that's a lot longer than a 45
baud
character.

Wayne