AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 06:34:17 -0400
At 08:54 PM 5/28/2002 -0400, Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:

>I haven't tried it yet, but I believe one could use a single port for
>both CW and FSK with MMTTY.  FSK = TXD, CW = DTR, PTT = RTS.  Yes, MMTTY
>would have PTT on the "CW" line but most rigs will ignore it in FSK
>mode.  In any case, I don't see a need to do it that way as rig control
>(TxD & RxD), CW (DTR) and all mode PTT (RTS) can be done from a one COM
>port ... FSK (TxD) and RTTY PTT (RTS) can be done from another COM port if
>necessary.

I built the interface on the old N1RCT page and use it for CW and FSK from
the same COM port (RITTY or MMTTY).  Works with CT too.  Note that the
radio frequency control is on a DIFFERENT COM port, I don't think you can
make an interface that works for all three, or is that what you were
speculating?

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com