AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW
From: Roger Borowski" <K9RB@arrl.net (Roger Borowski)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:01:26 -0400
None....and never have! I can't imagine why so many go for the LPT port when
you can use the same port as rig control for CW keying??? I've heard of some
problems with com ports but it seems that if you use a com port that is part of
the mainboard, there is no problem. I've always used the COM 1 mainboard port
for rig control AND CW keying and never had any problems on three different
PC's over time. I can't confirm the heresay on add-on com ports being
troublesome for CW keying. I use them (Lava PCI board) for other purposes such
as rotator control, tnc's, PSK31 rig keying, etc. and never had problems with
them for those purposes. 73, -=Rog-K9RB=-