[WriteLog] fast re-start of WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] fast re-start of WriteLog
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:36:16 -0600

I agree here and that is why I use it instead of the former TRLOG.

It just is that it has the problem I stated in a previous post that it does
not remember those settings. You have to CHANGE the font setting from the
original to see it. I changed it to a slash zero font I installed. It should
remember, it does not.
It also does not remember some cluster window settings, like follow radio,
etc.

It positively is POOR design to put the ini  file in the Windows directory
VERY bad and SO EASILY fixed.
It is also bad not to have one place to have all the settings or at least
pointers to them.

All this does not mean it is not the best contest program , but that is not
an excuse for defects that can be easily fixed. No rocket science here!

I do not know why. I did the right thing by saving the configuration but
still it does not remember. There is a bug somewhere, maybe my system,
though I doublet it.