Re: [WriteLog] SIIG 4 Serial Port number change

To: <aldewey@aol.com>, Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SIIG 4 Serial Port number change
From: Clay Melhorn <n9io@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:19:04 -0500
BTW Al;

Pending on the SIIG card you should be able to go into Control Panel,

and Hardware Devices, Com Ports and change Com 5,6,7 and 8 to

Com, 2,3,4 and 5 since you already have Com 1 on your motherboard.

S1=Com2

S2=Com3

S3=Com4

S4=Com5

At least that's what I have done with mine.

The SIIG cards only use one free IRQ for all 4 ports, it's slick and works nice
as you know.

I find them on eBay occassionally for a song with the dongles.

Anyway, I'll get back to you tonight or on Tuesday.

73'
Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster:
KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/