Re: [WriteLog] TO7ZG???

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] TO7ZG???
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:08:08 -0800
Jim,

I'm running V10.80F and all the data files that used to be in C:\Program
Files\WriteLog\Programs are now installed in C:\ProgramData\WriteLog just as
the release notes indicate.  My problem, or more precisely, my confusion is
over where the wl_cty.dat and wl_cty.bin files are located.

The new Convert CTY to WriteLog utility contains the Downloads wl_cty.dat
button, but I have yet to use it.  After manually downloading the wl_cty.dat
file to C:\ProgramData\WriteLog I ran the Convert utility and it didn't seem
to work.  No new wl_cty.bin file was created any where I could find.  That's
when I reverted back to copying the wl_cty.dat file to the Virtual Store
location and pointing the Convert utility there.

Under Vista with UAC on a user cannot write directly to the Programs folder
in the Virtual Store path.  However, users can copy files to the Programs
folder and write directly to the Windows folder in the Virtual Store path,
as I often do when I edit the writelog.ini file and save the new version
there without a problem.

However, I am no longer sure where the Convert CTY utility puts the
wl_cty.bin file.  I just went to my Virtual Store WriteLog\Programs folder
and renamed the wl_cty.bin file there to wl_cty2.bin.  I then ran Convert
CTY again by pointing it to the wl_cty.dat file in the Virtual Store.  After
running I checked and there was not a new wl_cty.bin in Virtual Store.  I
ran the JARTS contest module again and the VERSION still shows Kuwait and
TO7ZG still shows St. Barts as a new mult.  Obviously WL is reading the new
updated wl_bin.dat file someplace, but where the heck is it?

73,
Gary AL9A