Re: [WriteLog] Hawaii as a NA Mult

To: "'Eric Rosenberg'" <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Hawaii as a NA Mult
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:06:00 -0800
Whenever wl_cty.dat is edited, the "Convert wl_cty.dat" button must be run
from the Convert CTY to WriteLog applet window in order for the edits to
take effect in WriteLog.  Do not run the "Download wl_dat" button, or the
edits will be lost.

To move KH6 back to OC, run the Download button followed by the Convert
button.

Ed W0YK

Ed W0YK wrote:

One work-around is to edit wl_cty.dat to change Hawaii from OC to NA as the
continent.

Then, the Hawaii mult shows up as KH6 on the North America multiplier
window.  When Hawaii is worked, the mult still does not record as HI on the
States and Provinces multiplier window, but rather as KH6 on the North
America window.  Alaska is just the reverse as it records on the States and
Provinces window but not on the North America multiplier window as KL.

The Dominican Republic still records fine and both it and KH6 can have HI in
the QTH field.

Of course wl_cty.dat and namedmults.ini need to be restored for other
contests.

Ed W0YK

Eric W3DQ wrote:

I've played with a variety of permutations to the namedmult.ini and
nothing works.

I can only guess that Hawaii is hard-coded as a country, not a NA mult,
as per the NCJ rules. But then again, I'm no programmer!

Wayne will have to fix that.

In the meantime, don't worry about it.  The new DC and Canadian mults
show up on the multiplier page and are scored correctly.

Your Cabrillo will be fine if you type HI into the QTH field. WL will
accept it.

I suppose you could figure out your score by hand, but whether it is
worth it is your call!

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC