Re: [WriteLog] NV QSO Party

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] NV QSO Party
From: "Steve Woodruff" <steve@n9oh.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 09:47:27 -0400
Hi Alan,

I wrote the NVQP contest module many years ago and it is likely that the county
abbreviations have changed but the module hasn't been updated to reflect that.

In fact, I just went and took a look.... and the county abbreviations are
different than they were when I wrote the module, but only slightly.  Now they
list them with the NV prefix.  So instead of CAR, CHU, CLA, etc... it is NVCAR,
NVCHU, NVCLA.

In WriteLog you can go to the contest menu and click 'show multipliers' and it
would have shown what the WL-accepted multipliers were and you could have
logged them as CAR, CHU, CLA, etc... and then edit your cabrillo log before
submission to add the NV prefix to those county abbreviations.

I also see that for Nevada stations, you are to log the "ARRL/RAC section" of
the non-NV station.  Right now the module is just setup for states/provs.
That'll need to be updated as well to support ARRL/RAC sections instead of
states.

Regardless, i'm sorry this happened to you and anyone who used the NVQP module
this year.  I'm going to make an update to the module this week so that its
fixed for 2021.

Enjoy,

Steve N9OH