[WriteLog] NV QSO Party

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NV QSO Party
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 23:58:21 -0700

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hope this is not a DUPE. For whatever reason, unknown to me, when using MS
Outlook, when I try to send a email or make a reply my email gets rejected by
the writelog server. So I am resending it via MS Mail which I normally never
use. This is a new problem as I have been able to make posts for over 10 years.

To me the major concern is that it would not accept the ARRL Sections. As you
noted it is set up for states as the MULT but should be by sections. When
someone would send SJV, SDG, ORG, LAX, EWA, ENY, NNJ, MDC, NTX, STX, etc etc as
they should WL would reject them. I didn't see a work around other than keep a
written log on paper and correct the final log before submission but that would
be a lot of work. I speak from experience. I started contesting before
computers. Back then we used a paper log with separate DUPE sheets for each
band that we checked before answering a CQ to be sure it was not a DUPE. You
can see my 1960's Heathkit contest station on my QRZ.COM page. A real PITA but
not as bad as using RTTY from the cockpit of a C-130. I had several tapes I
could run thru the ASR-32 tape reader for my position reporting, etc. Then the
flite mech would come up into the cockpit bringing coffee or box lunches and
plant his size 12 boots on my tape as it was running. Fun, Fun. I could
 tune onto the API/UPI Intl HF freqs and print out a daily newspaper as we
traveled all over the world.

Alan K7ACZ