RFI

Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods

To: rfi@contesting.com, "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:28:38 -0500
The water idea is good on the near ground rod, but not so easy on the far end of a very long Beverage antenna.   Earlier in the discussion, (note lower in this posting) it was noted that much of the copper on a  platted rod was pitted, and  eroded away. Steel itself is a poor conductor.   The 3/4 inch thick wall copper pipe, in many cases, gives enough mechanical strength, but more importantly, has more conductive surface area.
 73
 Bruce-k1fz

 www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

It's easier ti hook a hose to the other end and use it like a water