RFI

Re: [RFI] DEFINITION OF "HARMFUL INTERFERENCE"

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>, KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DEFINITION OF "HARMFUL INTERFERENCE"
From: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 19:26:29 +0000
From: RFI <rfi-bounces+w1rfi=arrl.org@contesting.com> on behalf of David
Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 2:59 PM
To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Cc: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>

Yes, in my opinion, FCC is just a collection of overpaid lawyers who
wouldn't recognize RF if it bit them in the behind.  Further, OET has been
gutted and Part 15, either subpart, is not enforced unless there is big $$
in it for the CFR 47 bureaucracy.

Just my opinion formed over the decades (six+ of those) as a licensed
amateur radio operator and an EMC/RFI engineer.

Dave - WØLEV

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 7:51 PM KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > *Harmful interference.* Interference which endangers the functioning of a
> > radionavigation service or of other safety services or seriously
> degrades,
> > obstructs or repeatedly interrupts a radiocommunication service operating
> > in accordance with this chapter.
> >
> > This statement is reproduced in several places throughout CFR 47, but the
> > wording is essentially identical.  Pretty general, but this is what FCC
> > legally plays to.
>
> No doubt the FCC addresses such, within moments of being reported, as it
> clearly violates their own rules, as defined by those experiencing it.
>
> Kurt

*Dave - WØLEV*