Re: Topband: Matching Transformer

To: "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <herbs@surfvi.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Matching Transformer
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:39:33 -0600
Pls see inline comments

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:17:30 -0400, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
>
> >Here it is:......a ROG or radial on ground (attached only to
> the tower
> >ground) gains some length due to the VF laying on
> earth.....this allows
> >for shorter radials that appear to be at RF longer.

Now as I understand it, I can also connect to the vertical ground plane, so I
may try that next. I have figured a way to lengthen
the wire to around 533 feet now so I may do this tomorrow weather permitting.

> Herb,
>
> No disagreement on radials at all -- my advice was with
> respect to using that radial as a termination for Bob's Beverage.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim K9YC

He was right too, it did make a huge difference in the noise I was rx. Also
when I made and installed the isolation BALUN made from
coax that made an even lower noise floor.

Thanks to everyone for clearing up allot of things for me.

It is working - now to improve on it.

Bob AD5VJ