Re: Topband: Matching Transformer

To: <lists@subich.com>, <herbs@surfvi.com>, "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Matching Transformer
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:44:11 -0600
Well my beverage project has taken a new turn.

I had it just laying on the ground and it worked just fine.

Last night I went out to add another 154 feet to it in order to give me 533
feet total length and found that some critter had gnawed
the wire into about half way down the original length. I never noticed it
before, but his hole (10 inches diameter) was about 3 feet
from where the wire was laying on the ground at the point he gnawed it into.

So now I am thinking of a way to raise it off of the ground. I have some metal
and wooden posts, so I may use both and make up some
insulators.

I had this happen to a ground radial last week while I was working on laying
the original 250 feet.

I found it and repaired it thinking nothing of it.
I just thought the wire had broken rubbing or something or gotten nicked.

The good part it, for every change I have made so far, the antenna just keeps
getting better and better Hi Hi

Bob AD5VJ