Re: Topband: K9AY phased array

To: "La7tha" <la7tha@tussa.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY phased array
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:41:24 -0000
----- Original Message -----
 LA7THA asked...

> Was wondering to try a Wellbrook K9AY phased array.
> Is there someone that have seen this or have already installed it.

Hi Rune,

I have one of these. Installed it in 2007 season but dismantled it at the
end of  season.
It just did not work for me on 160m, it had no directional properties and
was pretty deaf.
It wasn't faulty, worked OK on MW BC stations but not on TB.
Could have been due to the fact that it was sited only about 15 metres from
my Inv L?
Tried detuning the Vertical on receive cycles but it didn't help.

Physically it's a solid well made unit and Wellbrook were very helpful with
testing advice etc.

May work for you?

Good Luck es DX on 160m
73