[TowerTalk] Towers & Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers & Trees
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:01:05 -0400 (EDT)

> I do think that if I ever put up that kind of money into a tower, it will be
> standing out in the open with no trees near any of it.
> Lyn, W4WDN

I hope you are so lucky.  My station was built in the middle of the
forest (boarders the national forest).  It took me more time to take down
and move trees than it did to put up all the towers combined.

When it comes to trees, my advice is to figure out what trees you need to
take down.  Then take 50% more.  This advice was given to me by K5ZD and
I chose to ignore it.  The tree-man was happy I did.

73

W4AN