[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4
From: jonk@jskent.com (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:01:20 -0700
At 08:32 AM 5/15/01 -0600, you wrote:
Ted, W8TTS asks:

 >> [...] anyone has had any experience with the Ameritron
 >>RCS-4 Remote Antenna Switch?

 >It's a very elegant solution. Note that you can't run high power with these
 >boxes - they are limited to a few hundred watts.

I don't think so. I've used my RCS-4 for three years, mostly at legal
limit, without
any problems at all. They're supposed to be rated to about 3kw, if my memory of
the manual is correct.  I mounted mine at the top for the HF, since I have
a few VHF/UHF
antennas side mounted. If I had put the RCS-4 at the bottom, there would
have been
two more feeds going up the tower. I just hope nothing goes wrong up there.

73

Jonathan KO6XS

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----