[Towertalk] Double protection - climbing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Double protection - climbing
From: brewerj@squared.com (brewerj@squared.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:57:33 -0500
I  use  one lanyard around the tower, and one that's always clipped to two rungs
above me on one end, and a d-ring on my belt on the other. When I reach the
working height the one around the tower gets switched to through the tower
until it's time to come down, at which time I reverse the process.

I like always having at least one lanyard hooking me to the tower in case
something happens to while moving / reattaching the other one.

More importantly, it seems to lessen the pucker factor for me.....

John wb5oau