Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:02:54 -0700
Outriggers would be preferable, but guys would be acceptable if necessary.

Here's another thought.  Would it make things easier or harder to
assume that the tower will be transported by an SUV or truck whereby
the bed of the truck or the roof of the SUV could be used to hold the
tower for transportation.  Remember, the whole goal here is to make it
possible for me to transport and erect the tower by myself.  The
drawing board is empty so anything is possible.  For example, Force 12
makes some "rigid guys" for this tower which could be used as
outriggers for the tower.  I don't know how well they would work in
moderate/high winds, but they may work well enough to hold it vertical
while putting in guy wires.  What if, for instance, the tower sat on
the roof of the SUV and I simply had something that could help me get
it on/off the roof and vertical.  That's really all I need.