[TowerTalk] Climbing

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing
From: EdK0KLl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:01:43 -0500
Actually folks you are missing the point ... in practice the safety equipment enables a person to work on the tower with /*both hands*/, i.e. you can let go of the iron and do some
2- handed work.

The safety cable enables you to slip off a spike or strut and not fall. The 2 sided cable means you can always be hooked to the iron, one at a time as you ascend or descend as the case
may be.

Fine if you don't want to hook up, don't. Don't use auto seat belts or stop smoking either. It's all the same thing, a matter of acceptable risk. I use a safety cable and a harness with a fall arrester, I also use a belt and suspenders .. maybe that's how come I'm still am here at 73 years.

Ed K0KL