Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, EdK0KLl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing
From: ve5ra@sasktel.net
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:02:43 -0600
I want to make sure everyone understands that I do use safety equipment when working on a tower.   Ed you spoke the magic words "acceptable risk".  Everyone has a different level of acceptable risk in different circumstances.  For me I take a higher risk when driving, mainly because I have no control over the other drivers.  Two vehicles driving toward each other on a two lane highway at 70 mph, only separated by a yellow line.  That is crazy.  Yet we do it.   Right now I am in St. George, Utah, participating in the Huntsman World Senior Games, in track and field events.  That's how I keep in shape for free climbing.
 Doug

> It's all the same thing, a matter of acceptable risk. I use a safety cable and a
harness with a fall arrester,
I also use a belt and suspenders .. maybe that's how come I'm still am here at 73 years.
Ed K0KL