Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:39:40 -0500
Dave, It is just a slow month I guess...which leaves lots of time for folks to bloviate. The ORIGINAL question that I posed was whether there was any justification or just what, to the comments in some Mosley antenna assembly manuals for their RECOMMENDATION that either RG-213 or RG-8 cables be used to feed their antennas. The (to date) 31 responses have 'sort of' answered the question but some also have included opinions about what coffee to drink while putting on the connector to the coax of choice, as well as other side bars not particularly to the question. It's great isn't it? The antenna was installed yesterday with DX Engineering 400MAX cable up the tower, to an RG-213 pigtail/rotor loop and choke. The antenna appears to work well at least for such a short boom antenna ( aside from the back that my mother-in-law has more front to back...as she has a big back ). So, carry on coffee drinkers and thanks to those who responded. '73, Mike

-----Original Message----- From: David Jordan