Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] DX Engineering Negatives

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] DX Engineering Negatives
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 11:29:39 -0700
DX Eng provides good hardware and aluminum, but not providing schematics is a REAL problem. My 4 sq receive is now useless with an intermittent noise problem. Also, workmanship for an outdoor product was poor, flux left on boards, solder spatter on inductors, and lots of on he board gunk growth/corrosion after 2 years - the boards should be conformal coated. I think this is originally a W8JI design, and when it worked it was great. Not so now.

K3LR are you listening?

Grant KZ1W