[TowerTalk] DXEngineering Kudo's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DXEngineering Kudo's
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 19:23:50 -0700
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 14:59:11 -0500
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>

I'm helping my buddy W5AL put together his Hexx beam he ordered from DX
Engineering.

I was putting it together and a couple of the 3/4" hose clamps with
studs stripped.  I honestly don't know if I over tightened or if they
were bad.

Either way DX Engineering stepped up to the plate and sent the needed
parts no questions asked.

I've ordered quite a bit from them myself and their customer service is
top notch.

The  normal disclaimer applies as I have no financial interest in the
company.

Rich – N5ZC

##  The only items  I have ordered from dx eng is loads of al tubing, and their
heavy duty jumbo mast clamps and also  their ss u bolts with  solid al saddles,
dacron rope,
mast offsets for truss line, turnbuckles etc, etc, etc.  It all came very fast
western canada.   Materials  ordered from them are top notch quality.   Case
load after caseload
with zero problems.

##  The new  6061-T8 boom material they now sell, in .120 wall is superb, it
all telescopes
together, which also reduces shipping bulk, since the heavy wall tubing can now
be slid into each
other. Hooray,  no more machining  the .125 wall stuff.   One stop shop for
6063-T832 al tubing  in .058 wall etc.

##  lack of schematics I can see being very frustrating though.  The end user
in most cases is
tech qualified to do any field repairs.   For folks outside the usa, it’s a
major pita to have to ship an item back
for a simple fix... cuz of a lack of a simple schematic diagram .

Jim   VE7RF