Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline - Question - Idea

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "sawyered@earthlink.net" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline - Question - Idea
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 17:15:45 +0000
Open-Line is much cheaper and low loss.

A couple of good baluns and job done.

It is just one more option.

73, Maximo

________________________________
De: TowerTalk <towertalk-bounces@contesting.com> en nombre de Ed Sawyer
<sawyered@earthlink.net>
Enviado: miércoles, 9 de mayo de 2018 17:01
Para: towertalk@contesting.com
Asunto: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline - Question - Idea

The question was actually not about feedline.  However -  what feedline is
part of the dialog I think.  And whats the cost of feedline vs the more
complicated triplexer/pentplexer solution.

500ft is a long run.  Especially if that's the base of the tower.  Here I
have a run to my second tower that is 435 ft.  I run LDF5-50A all the way to
the base of the tower.

Its often about - how many $$ vs activating X number of antennas at Y amount
of loss that is acceptable.

I would make sure that all options are looked at from a budget standpoint.

Ed  N1UR