Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline - Question - Idea

To: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>, Gary <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline - Question - Idea
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 13:31:11 -0700
I have no experience with triplexers but it sounds like a bad idea to put 4.5KW (3 bands QRO) through an N connector. I agree, use DIN connectors.

7/8" RFS hardline (LDF5-50 knockoff) is $2.50/ft so what is that in comparison to the cost/db of tower + yagis + rotators and then add triplexers, BP filters? Big hardline feedline yields cheap db's in my view, lasts forever, and shields better. My goal was <1db amp to feedpoint loss. LDF5/AVA5 for 20/15/10 and LDF4 Heliax for 80/40. Some big guns use 1 1/4 or larger to their towers.

The spools of larger sizes often go cheaper than 7/8 from the surplus dealers. Still cheap even if a right size DIN connector costs $100.
http://www.wiredirect.net/coaxial-cable/

Grant KZ1W