Re: [TowerTalk] Laying out radials around a stone fence

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Laying out radials around a stone fence
From: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 12:42:38 -0400
I concur with Dave if the stone wall is close to the feedpoint -- go
through or just under the wall with the radials. It avoids the wire zigging
over the wall, and the possible current issues therein (a point raised
earlier).

If the wall is a ways out, don't bother. Simply terminate the radials at
the wall.

Non-empirical and entirely subjective tests here have shown me that radial
length isn't nearly as important as density and symmetry immediately around
the feedpoint.

Mike N1TA