[TowerTalk] FW: Leg Nuts and Bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Leg Nuts and Bolts
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 15:23:54 -0500
The 1986 UST Catalog shows standard TMM-433HD shipped with 1" x 36" anchor
bolts.
The 2013 UST Catalog shows standard TMM-433HD shipped with 1" x 27" anchor
bolts.
I surmise that pull-out rating is the only difference and is not a limiting
stress factor for either length provided that the bolts are embedded with
anchor plates or HD washers.

Be sure to use galvanized bolts with matching nuts meeting ASTM F1554 Grade
55 (55,000 psi yield strength) or better.  Also use anchor plates or HD
galvanized washers under the embedded heads.

A good source for anchor bolts is:

 Superior Bolt & Nut Mfg.
4202 E Elwood St, Suite 16
Phoenix, AZ 85040
602-841-8100

They specialize in tower & pole anchor bolts  and I found John (owner) to be
knowledgeable & helpful.   Prices are much more reasonable compared to UST.

I have some pictures of several tower anchor bolt installations at the web
pages linked to my QRZ lookup if that will be helpful for you.

Hope this information is of use & good luck on your project.
73
Matt
KM5VI