Re: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy

To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>, Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com>, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 18:11:06 -0500
The problem with using two back-to-back thimbles is the radius is too small. It
needs to “wrap around” something larger. Many thimbles would end up squeezing
together so that the guy grips would be out of specs by the small radius.  It
would only be slightly better than guy grip to guy grip. Also, when you need to
take the guy loose, what will keep the thimbles from coming out? If you really
clamp down on the guy grip, it will be out of specs.  Maybe I am not acquainted
with the type of thimbles you are talking about. You would need to check the
thimble specs.
Using the insulators keeps everything in spec, but they are heavy.

Chuck W5PR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10