Re: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 19:56:19 -0400
Only if you use too-small thimbles. Properly sized thimbles for your properly installed big grip will be...just right! Big enough radius so it doesn't fall out, and strong enough to not compress from wire tension.

BTW it's common to terminate a big grip (with thimble) to a pin shackle for attaching to guy weldments, etc. I usually use a shackle for coupling my non-conductive guy to the bottom EHS wire, just for a little extra flexibility.

-Steve K8LX