Re: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy
From: Allan W Schlaugat <reflectors@n9isn.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 23:31:26 -0500
Interesting discussion. Thanks for the feedback so far. Yes, a thimble to
thimble connection would work since there is no RF reason to put a
insulator in there since Philly is non-conductive. That was what I was
originally going to do. But I have a box of 502's (24 of them new) that I
got at Dayton several years ago. DX Engineering has a tail kit that matches
exactly what I am trying to duplicate and I have all the parts so... :-)
https://static.dxengineering.com/global/images/chartsguides/d/dxe-pt-4000-3p.pdf

I will be using 1/4" EHS equivalent throughout the project.

73    Al   N9ISN

--
Allan W. Schlaugat                    Albertville, WI  USA
Amateur Radio: N9ISN            Home Page:   www.n9isn.com

I believe in sharing the road with other drivers.  They can
have the part behind me.