[TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 07:01:01 -0400
Unless the cylinder has the same radius as the thimble it will still only
hit or connect in a very small area.  At what tension will the heavy duty
thimble crush? I doubt most hams will see this much guy wire stress.

John KK9A

Steve Maki K8LX

I'm not convinced that a preform/thimble combo MUST be mated to a
straight cylinder, even though the examples shown don't include anything
but. I've seen BIG preforms installed through a closed link for example,
that seem to satisfy any concerns. As long as the curved link is smooth
(to avoid abrasion), it might offer an advantage over a straight pin.

At any rate, in ham applications it's mostly all academic.

-Steve K8LX