[TowerTalk] Tower Fatality

To: undefined <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Fatality
From: Wilson Lamb <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
Great story from K9MA!
It's hard to imagine a tower contractor not showing up, considering how much
they charge.
I'm careful, as are my friends, but have become wary of liability issues.
The thought of a friend being disabled/killed on my tower is more than I want
to face!
I'm not saying I'd never get friend help, but I'd be VERY careful of whom and
how!
And I'd check homeowners insurance very carefully.
Even a non fatal fall could become $100K, or more.
The pain of having a friend hurt would be worse than the financial pain.
My two clubs have Field Day in my yard and they volunteered to provide a
special event policy for the weekend.
Cost $176 this year.
Wilson
W4BOH