Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Fatality

To: Ed Earthlink <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Fatality
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:33:55 -0500
I have to stand on the top of my 25G, too, but I'm not crazy about it. The 503 insulators in the new guys are so heavy that even fully tensioned there's a bit of sag, so the tower can wobble around a bit. The scariest part, though, is climbing from the side of the tower onto the top plate, even with a couple safety lanyards. I put a 40 meter dipole above the tribander on a mast extension, and that's the only way to get it up there.

73,
Scott K9MA