Re: [TowerTalk] time to modernize the reflector

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] time to modernize the reflector
From: Larry McDavid <lmcdavid@lmceng.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 18:25:56 -0700
I agree completely. The last thing I want is a forum format instead of an email reflector. Groups.io is not a forum; it is a reflector just like Yahoo but like Yahoo has a web interface that is entirely optional to use or not, else it works like MailMan.

I own and moderate numerous Yahoo Groups and all are completely reliable despite so many claims of problems. I rarely visit the Yahoo Group website and only when I must make Group membership changes. Else, I read the Group emails with Thunderbird.

I see no point to change things for the sake of change. I use Thunderbird and my painless delete key. I definitely don't want a web interface...

Sending and receiving email does not require an Internet browser! Thunderbird (it's free) as a local client is very capable and reliable.

Larry