Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna wire size

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna wire size
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 18:05:24 -0700

I did the EZNEC model again using perfect ground.  The ground losses were indeed a couple of dB lower in every case, but if anything the differential between the various versions (#18 copper versus #20 copper versus #18 Copperweld) became narrower and therefore even less consequential.

And as you say, EZNEC tries to account for skin depth anyway ... which by the way is of course less at 80m (N2TK's situation) than 160m.  The Copperweld spec sheet says that there is about 4 mils of copper on #18 Copperweld wire.

73,
Dave  AB7E