Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Measuring resonance of a yagi element

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Measuring resonance of a yagi element
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:10:54 -0700
Rick is correct.

Any easy way to see this is to use Dan, AC6LA's, TLDetails program.

Wes  N7WS

On 4/26/2020 1:38 PM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
Rick,
We are talking about sweeping the feedline and looking at the REAL R sweep vs
frequency….NOT impedance Z=R+jX.
We are looking for relative dip in R, not absolute values.  We are looking to
see at what frequency this dip occurs.

If I put a 25 ohm resistor and then a 50 ohm resistor at the end of a 55 degree
feedline, are you saying the real R (not Z…no X) will read 50 ohms in both
cases?  I think my multimeter would say something different at DC.

If this is true, then you are correct, and the dip in the real resistance seen at the
driver at the parsitic frequency would be muted….the sweep would be flatlined
at 50 ohms across the frequency of interest.

de steve ve6wz

On Apr 26, 2020, at 12:35 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>