Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 08:00:53 -0700
Good point. Modeling Yagis and optimizing with Auto-EZ is instructive in how much one change changes a lot else. Watching the automatic optimizer try to find the several dimensions of target values shows this. Having designed a two band interlaced 30/17m I gained enormous respect for those designers with proven performance multi-band designs. A lot of hours at the PC. Plus I wonder about how designers got it right in the "old days". My solution to the mount modeling problem is all insulated elements.

Grant KZ1W