Re: [TowerTalk] Understanding Coax Loss Measurements

To: kj6y--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>, Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Understanding Coax Loss Measurements
From: Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 20:44:59 +0000 (UTC)
Jim and the group,
I may have improperly used my power ratio to decibels calculator. :)
With exactly 10 W going into the cables, I measured
8 W out (RG-11); 7.2 W (RG-213); and 7 W (RG-6) at 30 MHz.
Upon reflection (pun intended), my 2.8 dB figure can't be correct...

Thanks,
Kirk, NT0Z

My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available from www.stealthamateur.com
and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)

    On Sunday, November 29, 2020, 11:59:15 AM CST, Jim Thomson