Re: [TowerTalk] Understanding Coax Loss Measurements

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Understanding Coax Loss Measurements
From: Edward Mccann via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 11:47:35 -0800
If I use the VNA with direct input of ladder line, say nominal 450 ohm Zo, but
with measured parameters more near 400 ohms, should I not run OSL calibration
with a 400 ohm load prior to running the sweep?

The response below seems to imply that calibration with a 50 ohm load will
yield “good results for coax and two-wire line of any impedance?”

Or does the creation of a reference plane with 50 ohms in the OSL calibration
yield results for a wide varieties of feed line?

Basic question.

Best from the West
AG6CX

Sent from my iPhone