[AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???
From: jimsmith@gotnet.net (Jim Smith)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:20:27 -0800
> Now that Rich Measures has been "UNCENSORED", how about letting Carl, KM1H
> back on the list ???

    Rich wasn't censored. He was removed from the list for what the list
owner considered inappropriate behavior. I don't unserstand why everyone's
been talking about freedom of speech. It had nothing to do with anything
Rich said. Go look at the post again.

> It seems to me that the same "Group" that dumped Rich also dumped Carl and
> for about the same reason, NOTHING !!!

    That's not how I remember it.

> This list used to provide a lot of good technical info until the "Censors"
> started playing GOD.

    It's called "owner", not God. If you own something, you can do what you
want with it. No one else has any rights to it, only privileges granted by
the owner.
    I personally am grateful to Will for letting us use his fine reflector.
He's doing his best to satisfy as many as he can while keeping the peace.
I'm glad he listened to everyones' opinions, and let Rich return.
    Also, I never understood what anyone sees wrong with Rich's postings. He
exercises a lot more restraint than I would. He's considered bull-headed,
but there's nothing wrong with that. Argue your point until a conclusion is
reached. That's how we learn. If you give up just to avoid a dispute, no one
has gained anything.
    Jim Smith, KQ6UV